Feel like things are too much? Thinking about going to A&E for mental health support? Derby Safe Haven can help.
Safe Haven provides a responsive, tailored support service for people over the age of 18 in Derbyshire, who are experiencing a period of mental ill health or crisis. The service is run by Richmond Fellowship, a national mental health charity, in partnership with the Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline and Support Service.
Derby Safe Haven is open from 4.30pm to midnight, 7 days a week, including seasonal holidays.
- You can visit them in person at 309 Burton Road, Derby DE23 6AG.
- A person, or their referrer, can contact the Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline on 0800 028 0077 to discuss their current needs. If it is agreed that the Safe Haven is a good option, the Safe Haven team will contact the caller and facilitate same day access.
- You can also now self-refer directly to the Safe Haven by calling: 0330 008 3722
Safe Haven provides a compassionate and non-judgemental service in a welcoming and therapeutic environment.
The aim of the service is to work with people to develop a plan around:
- their ongoing safety and wellbeing
- the next steps in their recovery
- building a sense of hope for the future.
For more information, please download the leaflet below:
Derby Safe Haven Leaflet (97.24 KB)
For more information about mental health support, visit our Mental Health and Wellbeing pages