Community Action Derby is a registered charity providing support and guidance for voluntary and community groups.
As the Volunteer Centre for Derby city we also offer a brokerage service for potential volunteers and organisations and support volunteer-involving organisations to develop opportunities.
We run training courses to help you learn new skills and have lots of resources to help you gather all the information you need to run your voluntary or community group effectively.
We can help with all aspects of running a voluntary or community organisation. We:
- provide funding advice and information
- offer a bid-writing service
- offer support and advice in developing good management practice
- provide advice on employment matters and other issues for organisations with staff
- recruit and place volunteers, and support those responsible for managing volunteers
- offer training and development opportunities
- offer City & Guilds training courses
- represent the sector on local and national partnership bodies and forums
- support groups wanting to get involved in policy development
- promote your organisation's events
- organise networking and funding events
We also provide access to a wide range of information including:
- details of training events and funding opportunities
- Funding News - monthly bulletin with all of the latest funding opportunities
- hire of training rooms and equipment
For more information on our services get in touch!
Membership of Community Action is FREE. As a member you will have access to a range of services to help improve the effectiveness of your group.
These include Funding News - our monthly funding bulletin - and invitations to our networking events and volunteering fairs. We can also help you on a one-to-one basis with business plans and funding advice as well as giving you opportunities to network with other voluntary and community organisations. You can also advertise on our Voluntary Sector Calendar or Community Classifieds page.
For more information email Lyndsey Ramsden or telephone: 01332 227719.