We provide a funding advice and information service for community groups and voluntary organisations.
Our funding advice covers:
- helping to identify your fundraising needs
- assisting you to develop a fundraising plan
- advising you on possible funders and how to apply for funds
- organising funders surgeries and workshops
- delivering funding workshops
- organising an annual Funding Event
- a monthly funding e-bulletin to keep you up to date with current opportunities and other information relating to funding
Every month we keep you updated with all the latest funding opportunities and funding information relating to the voluntary sector. You can read the latest one here. If you wish to sign up to receive these bulletins, you can subscribe here.
Funding & Tender Alerts
In between sending out our monthly Funding Newsletter we also post any funding opportunities that arise in this time on the Funding & Tender Alerts page.
General Funding Information
What are funders looking for (25.00 KB)
What you need to find out about a funder (25.00 KB)
Selling points of your projects (26.50 KB)
Reasons why applications fail (28.50 KB)
Tips on writing applications (70.50 KB)
Making a good application (80.50 KB)
Impact and outcomes (70.00 KB)
We have a number of funding leaflets with lots of information to help you with your funding needs:
Fundraising getting started (84.00 KB)
Budgets and costings for small groups (96.50 KB)
Dont panic what to do in a funding crisis (98.00 KB)
Organise your fundraising (109.50 KB)
Evaulation and monitoring (110.00 KB)
Planning Your Fundraising
Financial planning for fundraising (134.50 KB)
Developing a fundraising strategy (161.00 KB)
Funding events (91.00 KB)
Match funding (134.00 KB)
Voluntary sector funding an overview (141.50 KB)
Charitable trusts (162.50 KB)
Getting support from companies (159.50 KB)
Contracts (149.00 KB)
Gift aid (158.00 KB)
Jargon buster (161.00 KB)
Funding and other useful Websites
There are a number of websites that will give you a guided search to identify the most appropriate funding opportunities.
- Grantfinder – contains details of over 7000 UK and European Union grants and loans – www.grantfinder.co.uk There is a subscription to access the website
- Grants for Schools – www.grants4schools.info – funding search for schools to find relevant sources of grants and funding. There is a subscription for this website
- Foundation Derbyshire - www.foundationderbyshire.org - offers a wide variety of funding programmes available to community & voluntary groups working across Derby and Derbyshire.
- Charities Aid Foundation – works to create greater value for charities and social enterprise. They do this by transforming the way donations are made and the way charitable funds are managed – www.cafonline.org
- HM Revenue and Customs – encourages Payroll Giving, Gift Aid and donations of shares through tax reform – www.hmrc.gov.uk
- Just Giving – enables any charity, however small, to use the web to raise money at a very low cost - www.justgiving.com
- Get Legal – is a free online reference and decision-making tool to enable charities, social enterprises and co-operative organisations and their advisors to access clear information and guidance on the most appropriate legal form and governance structure for delivering their goals – https://getlegal.bwbllp.com/for-charities
- Directory of Social Change – provides information and publications on both fundraising techniques and resources. The DSC website contains an online catalogue of all its funding books, courses and funding databases. For more information visit www.dsc.org.uk
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NVCO) – provides fundraising advice to national organisations. For more information visit https://www.ncvo.org.uk/help-and-guidance/#/
If you are looking for funding and would like some support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then arrange a meeting to discuss the best funders to approach and support you with filling in any application forms.