OnePlusOne is a relationship-based research and evidence charity that produces accessible online support tools for parents. They are offering three free online courses to help you learn to cope with stress and communicate better, wherever you are in your parenting journey.
Arguing better - For all parents
Disagreements are a normal part of life. How you approach them can make all the difference to you, your partner, and your children. You will learn:
- How to recognise stress and how it can affect you.
- How to support each other through difficult times.
- What causes arguments and how to stop them.
Me, You and Baby Too - For new parents
Learn how to navigate the changes that happen in a relationship when a baby arrives, including:
- How you and your partner can support each other.
- How to talk to bring up difficult topics.
- How arguments start, and how to stop them.
Getting it right for children - For separating parents
When parents are separating or separated, children can often get caught in the middle. Learn how to manage conflict to minimise the impact it has on your children, as well as:
- How to stop a discussion from turning into an argument.
- How to stay calm and listen as well as talk.
- Skills for finding solutions and making compromises.
To access the courses, you will need a smartphone, tablet, or computer, and a good internet connection. They are all FREE to use, so you’ll just need to select your local authority area and create an account with a username and password. You can get started by visiting: www.oneplusone.org.uk/parents