Business in the Community is speaking to community groups and local businesses to find out if they need any support from local businesses during the current crisis. They are matching them up to their network of members who have kindly donated resources.
If you have any requests for support or equipment get in touch BitC lwtting them know the information below:
• What you need
• Quantities (How many items/people affected)
• How the item will be used/What the need is for
• How urgent your request is
Some examples of what has been asked for:
• Laptops for staff so that they can work remotely and avoid risk of transmission in their centers, schools or place of work
• Upskilling general people (ie not elderly) with technology and employment skills
• Long life food collection/Delivery – to supply local families
• Catering supplies for a local charity who feed the homeless
• Things to entertain young people once they are off school such as board games and activities you can access in the home.
• befriending elderly residents via phone to relief isolation/loneliness
• A school requested arts and crafts materials for children of key workers who still have to attend school
One of the team will asses your needs and match them to the offers/donations that have been made. Should a match be found BitC will be in touch to go through the logistics of how to get what you need to you!
Email Business in the Community with your requests.