Community Action is pleased to let you know that Derby City Council is inviting applications for a COVID-19 Community Support Grant Scheme to support charities and voluntary and community organisations to provide their vital services to people in the city. The Council recognises the challenging climate that a number of organisations in Derby are facing and has made funding available to be able to provide this support.
The grant is aimed at organisations that have not been eligible for any other Derby City Council COVID-19 grant-related schemes and is open for applications from Friday 31 July until Monday 10 August.
For eligible applicants, awards will take into account the impact of Covid-19 and the value of the three months operational costs stated within the application, up to a maximum of £10,000 total grant. Please note that due to the expected level of demand this maximum value may be reduced and a number of awards will be for values that are significantly lower.
All organisations applying for the grant will need to meet a number of criteria which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Can detail that COVID-19 has had a significant negative effect on their income
- Confirmation of trading on 11 March 2020 and have continued to be operational after this date
- Funding will be solely for charities/not for profits/community organisations that have been impacted by Covid and provide a vital service focused on the people of Derby city
- Must be registered with Community Action Derby and be listed within the Community Directory Derbyshire
- Not applied under phase 1 or 2 of the Local Authority discretionary top up fun
To apply for the new grant scheme you can complete the application via this link COVID-19 Community Grants Fund before the deadline of Monday 10 August.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org