National Energy Action works with vulnerable groups and individuals across the East Midlands who may need support in dealing with high energy costs, fuel debt or cold homes - this includes anyone on a low income who may be elderly, have a disability or long term health condition, who has young children or anything else that makes them vulnerable to feeling the cold. Help is also available to carers, who often experience financial difficulties themselves but may be suffering in silence.
A range of support and advice including (but not limited to) help on how to:
- be more energy efficient
- better manage their energy use and energy bills
- stay warm and healthy when the weather gets cold
- access appropriate energy tariff and payment options as well as insulation and heating schemes
- access income maximisation, money and debt advice support
- signup for Warm Home Discount, Priority Services Register and other services.
Advice is available in a number of different formats including one to one support or energy awareness sessions to groups covering all of the topics listed above. Group sessions can be anything from 30 mins to an hour and can include a quiz (with prizes) if appropriate. If you are interested in booking a session for your organisation contact:
Helen Carter, Project Development Coordinator, National Energy Action
Mobile: 07715 527102