Community Action Promotes Social Enterprise in Derby City
Community Action supports local social entrepreneurs, charities and voluntary/community organisations working in the city.If you are interested in setting up a social enterprise or community interest organisation there are basic structures you can use.
Social Enterprise Basic Structures (43.00 KB)
If you want to expand your primary purpose of trading, set up a trading arm and/or establish a community interest company, we can help.
Rather than you being reliant on grant funding our aim is to assist you to increase your services through independent trading, and winning public sector contracts.
How we can help:
- Offering specialist mentoring support to individuals and organisations looking to explore social enterprise opportunities
- Offering a single reference data point about social enterprise and those currently operating in the city - enabling organisations to undertake research and access best practice models / templates
- Delivering specialist workshops and offering advice to develop your organisation, and help you achieve quality standards, and opportunities to work in partnership with others
- Promoting and cultivating social enterprise in the City, enabling social enterprises to share best practice, and collaborate to bid for larger contracts via consortia working and aid sustainability
- Offering corporate social responsibility opportunities through matching private business to social enterprises to work together to access new opportunities and aid sustainability
If you are thinking about starting up a new enterprise, or making changes to your organisation to become more sustainable, but are not sure what to put in place please contact us.
If you would like to discuss your organisation's needs email email@example.com or call 01332 227716.
Social Enterprise Explained
Are you thinking about making changes to your organisation to become a Social Enterprise?
Are you a new Social Enterprise?
Then take a look at the advice below.
What is a social enterprise (36.00 KB)
If you would like to discuss your organisation's needs email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 227738.