Do you want to start your own group? Not sure how to go about it?
We are here to help you through the process of forming a group and making sure that you have the right procedures in place to make sure the whole process goes smoothly.
The list below will provide you with the relevant information and good practice advice so that you can begin the process of forming a voluntary group.
How to form a group (43.50 KB)
Information on constitutions (44.50 KB)
Template constitution (56.50 KB)
Management committee (26.50 KB)
Role of chair (36.00 KB)
Role of secretary (93.00 KB)
Role of treasurer (2,664.50 KB)
Opening a bank account (33.50 KB)
If you are looking to start a group we can support you in all the above - just call Nick Pritchard on 01332 227716 or complete the Initial Enquiry Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial Enquiry Form (86.50 KB)
Management Leaflets on Governance and Management
- Advice on constitutions for voluntary organisations
- The joy of constitution
- So who wants to be charitable anyway?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Structures and governing documents
- Managing management meetings
- Making meetings effective
- Minutes no hours
- Why groups don't work
- Don't quit before you've read this
- Finance - the basics
- How long should we keep records for?
- Insurance for voluntary organisations
- Health and safety in the voluntary sector
- Lone working
- Organising events
- Planning for your AGM
For support with any of the above please email email@example.com or call Nick Pritchard 01332 227716.