What is a business plan?
A document that describes an organisation's current status and plans for the future. It describes a business, its objectives, its strategies, the market it is in and its financial forecasts.
The benefits of having a business plan
- Helps you to spot potential pitfalls before they happen
- Structures the financial side of your business efficiently
- Focuses your development efforts
- Works as a measure of your success
- Attracts funding and investment
The following people or institutions may request to see your business plan at some stage
- External investors
- Grant providers
- Anyone interested in buying your business
- Potential partners
There is lots of information that groups can access to support them in writing their business plan. You will find some templates below that will help you to develop your business plan.
- What a business plan should include
- Tips for presenting your business plan
- Balance Scorecard - a one page business plan
- Balance Scorecard Template - designed by Stepping Up to Enterprise
- Business Plan Template - a more detailed version of a business plan
For further support contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 227738.