To help you on your journey to setting up a new voluntary or community group we have designed a user-friendly toolkit to take you through the initial stages to ensure that you have all the necessary policies and documents - constitution, bank account, forming a committee and writing your own policies - in place. Once you have completed the initial stages and are ready to start applying for funding please email Liz or Nick, our Development Team, to arrange a meeting to discuss your funding requirements and next steps.
Please note that we no longer meet with organisations until the initial stages have been completed - this is to enable us to give you a better quality of service when we meet with you.
Before you start
Want to set up a group? You need to think about the following:
- Where did the idea come from? Was it one person’s idea or did it arise from discussions between a number of like-minded people?
- Find out if there are other groups in your area doing the same thing. If there are, do their services exactly match what you are considering or would your group be providing something extra?
- Aim to complement existing services, offer your services to that group, to strengthen their position or if your services don’t match exactly, agree a partnership agreement which helps both organisations
- What evidence do you have to show that your group is needed?
- Who else do you need to make this happen?
- Who will be your members?
You are now ready to start your journey to setting up your new community organisation!