Funding of £75k - £300k for local or national programmes which can be delivered by 31 March 2022
Fund theme = Children’s Respiratory Illness: To provide extra support for children, families and children’s respiratory and acute services during autumn/winter 2021, and to raise awareness of management of paediatric respiratory infections within communities that experience the greatest health inequalities.
For VCSE organisations already delivering services, and which already have reach to the target groups (those with respiratory illness, children, parents, carers, in-hospital services) – VCSE-led partnership bids welcomed.
To fund additional/expanded services, which address gaps and which:
Focus on preventative activities which support safe management or reduce hospital admissions; OR
Raise awareness in communities experiencing health inequalities
- Meet the funder event Wed 11 Aug 10am
- Application deadline 27 Aug @ 12 noon – decisions by 13 Sept
Examples of the types of projects that could be funded are:
- hospital charities working alongside hospital trusts to support parents/carers with children in hospital
- raising awareness of safe management of respiratory infections in different communities using different formats/languages
- supporting families/carers of children with respiratory illnesses to prevent their late admissions to services
- providing helpline support to those in need.