Grants of up to £2000 are available to community groups that aim to bring musical projects to their local communities.
The funding is for groups that need support to fulfil their potential in developing truly sustainable music programmes.
UK-based groups, schools and organisations that are bringing music to their communities can apply.
Typically, community grants are given for the purchase of instruments, associated equipment or for teaching costs. However, all applications are judged on their merit and other project elements may also be considered.
The main aspects that the trustees look for in an application are:
- The number of new musicians the project will create and support.
- The sustainability of the project
- Whether there are any other organisations supporting the project that can help with funding, or if funding applications have been made to other charities.
Application for this round are welcome from the following types of projects:
- Projects based on guitars and/or ukuleles.
- Projects based on innovation in remote music tuition
- Projects based on clarinets - up to eight clarinets will be awarded.
For more information visit the Music for All website. Please note the deadline for applications is 1 July 2021.