For people in need of food support the current process to request and distribute food is:
- People make their request for support to the Community Response Hub via 01332 640000 (option 5) or email@example.com
- If the need is short term a referral will be made direct to a Local Food Distribution Hub (LFDH) or via the DF4T Alliance project administrator
- If the need is longer term, more complex or involves wider lockdown related issues a referral will then be passed to a Local Area Coordinator (LAC), who will aim to call the recipient that day to discuss needs and logistics. The LAC may also email the most convenient LFDH with details of the people in need
- The food is then distributed by one of the LFDHs (where possible there is an expectation for the recipient to collect)
When a request for food has been received it needs to meet certain criteria - a summary of the agreed criteria is listed below:
- People who are still affected by Covid financially or health-wise
- People who have applied for universal credit and have not yet received a payment
- People who have had a significant change in their benefits and need support
- People who are in financial hardship and are accepting support in addressing the root causes
- People who are in a situation that has led to them being short-term homeless or just rehoused
- People who are a victim of a crime which has left them in a difficult situation short-term
- People who have no recourse to public funds who are requesting support in addressing the root causes
- People who are facing a significant life issue, which is affecting their financial situation
This is only a brief summary for more details of the criteria contact Paul Brookhouse.
Please note that we offer Halal food and also, where possible, solutions to cater for dietary and cultural related needs and also where limited cooking facilities are not available.