Gold Card is Derbyshire County Council's travel, discount and library card for older people and people with certain disabilities.
Free bus travel
- Gold Card currently allows you to travel free, on local buses, throughout Derbyshire, from 9.30am up to 11pm weekdays, and at any time during weekends and on bank holidays.
- Gold Card also allows you to travel free, off-peak on local buses throughout the whole of England, from 9:30am to 11pm weekdays and at any time during weekends and bank holidays.
- Gold Card holders can also travel free-of-charge anytime on Derbyshire Connect Dial-a-Bus 'shopping' buses.
- Your Gold Card gives you discounts at more than 700 businesses in and around Derbyshire, including shops, restaurants hotels and services.
- Most of the discounts in the directory are exclusive to Gold Card and available to all cardholders. Typically businesses offer a discount of 10%.
- You can search through hundreds of discounts available to the over 60s and disabled people throughout Derbyshire in the Gold Card discount directory.
Help with Transport Costs
50% off travel if you’re on Universal Credit
You may be eligible for a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card if you’re on Universal Credit. Find out more information on the National Rail website
- In England you can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the State Pension age. Apply for an older person’s bus pass
- If you’re disabled then you may be eligible for a disabled person’s pass if you live in England. Apply for a disabled person’s bus pass
Low-Cost and Free Paint
The Derby Community RePaint scheme, which is managed by the Play and Recycling Centre (PARC), was created to help community groups, schools and people who are on low incomes, or in receipt of benefits, by providing affordable and usable leftover paint from commercial and trade sources.
It’s just £3 to register with the scheme and gain access to free and low-cost paint to decorate your home or premises.
Every litre of paint you obtain from this scheme would otherwise go to landfill, so whatever colour you choose it's green!
For more information about the scheme and to register, visit the PARC website
CoL Support Resources - Leaflet, Posters, Translations & Toolkit
Help spread the word, to ensure that Derby residents are getting all the help that they are entitled to!
We have put together a selection of materials including a leaflet and a series of posters covering the key messages surrounding the Cost of Living support for Derby residents, including an A3 poster translated into 10 languages. You can download them here.
We can supply a small amount of printed materials per organisation if required. If you would like to receive some then please email which materials you require and a brief outline of where you plan to use them to email@example.com
We have also produced a Communications Toolkit, which contains a library of marketing resources that community organisations and partners can use to help spread the word of the help and information available to Derby residents. You can download that below:
Cost of Living Communications Toolkit (6,427.86 KB)
Citizens Advice Mid Mercia
Citizens Advice offers advice and guidance on a range of different issues for anyone living in Derby City, South Derbyshire, East Staffordshire, Tamworth and surrounding areas. They can support you with problems such as debt and money, benefit entitlement, benefit claims, family, law and courts, immigration, housing, and health issues.
For more information visit: https://www.citizensadvicemidmercia.org.uk/