We provide a funding advice and information service for community groups and voluntary organisations.
Our funding advice covers:
- helping to identify your fundraising needs
- assisting you to develop a fundraising plan
- advising you on possible funders and how to apply for funds
- organising funders surgeries and workshops
- delivering funding workshops
- organising an annual Funding Event
- a monthly funding e-bulletin to keep you up to date with current opportunities and other information relating to funding
General Funding Information
We have a number of funding leaflets with lots of information to help you with your funding needs:
Planning Your Fundraising
Every month we keep you updated with all the latest funding opportunities and funding information relating to the voluntary sector. To subscribe to this e-bulletin email Jayne Williams.
Funding and other useful Websites
There are a number of websites that will give you a guided search to identify the most appropriate funding opportunities.
- Funding Central – www.fundingcentral.org.uk – again this provides groups with a guided search enabling them to identify the most appropriate funding opportunities. It is a free website for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises and provides access to funding and finance opportunities, as well as a range of tools and other resources.
- J4b Community – www.j4bcommunity.co.uk – this is a free website where voluntary organisations can search for suitable funders
- Government Funding – this website provides information on the grants available from 14 Government Departments – www.governmentfunding.org.uk There is a subscription to access the website
- Trust Funding – this is a directory for government funding and individuals seeking funding by subscribing, registering as a user and searching the funding database. For more information visit www.trustfunding.org.uk
- Grantfinder – contains details of over 7000 UK and European Union grants and loans – www.grantfinder.co.uk There is a subscription to access the website
- Grants for Individuals – this website provides details of charitable funds for individuals in need. It identifies grants for individuals who are experiencing hardship or for educational purposes – www.grantsforindividuals.org.uk
- J4b Grants – latest European grants, UK, Government Grants and other sources of funding to help start and grow your business – www.j4bgrants.co.uk
- Funding Information – www.fundinginformation.org – Profunder is a site offering a choice of two funding programmes for small or large projects. Subscription charges apply
- Source Derbyshire – this site brings together buyers and suppliers making it easier for businesses to find out more about new sources of potential revenue – www.sourcederbyshire.co.uk
- Grants for Schools – www.grants4schools.info – funding search for schools to find relevant sources of grants and funding. There is a subscription for this website
- Charities Aid Foundation – works to create greater value for charities and social enterprise. They do this by transforming the way donations are made and the way charitable funds are managed – www.cafonline.org
- Community Foundation Network – is the representative body for the community foundation movement in the UK. Here you can find links to all grant giving community foundations across the UK. – www.communityfoundations.org.uk
- HM Revenue and Customs – encourages Payroll Giving, Gift Aid and donations of shares through tax reform – www.hmrc.gov.uk
- Just Giving – enables any charity, however small, to use the web to raise money at a very low cost - www.justgiving.com
- NCVO Third Sector Foresight – aims to help voluntary and community organisations plan effectively for the future, providing information about drivers affecting the voluntary and community sector – http://www.3s4.org.uk/
- Get Legal – is a free online reference and decision-making tool to enable charities, social enterprises and co-operative organisations and their advisors to access clear information and guidance on the most appropriate legal form and governance structure for delivering their goals – https://getlegal.bwbllp.com/for-charities
- Directory of Social Change – provides information and publications on both fundraising techniques and resources. The DSC website contains an online catalogue of all its funding books, courses and funding databases. For more information visit www.dsc.org.uk
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NVCO) – provides fundraising advice to national organisations. For more information visit www.ncvo-vol.org.uk
- Company Giving – this website contains information about the company support that is available to voluntary and community organisations – www.companygiving.org.uk
- Know How Non Profit Organisation – free expert help and advice on all aspects of running a non profit organisation. Information includes – setting up an organisation, managing people, fundraising and communications/social media – www.knowhownonprofit.org
If you are looking for funding and would like some support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then arrange a meeting to discuss the best funders to approach and support you with filling in any application forms.